Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So I'm going to Haiti....



and I can hardly wait! Ever since Gerald, Olivia and I got back from our trip in Aug of last year, I was determined to go back. I really can't explain it, other than I want to go and serve. I love to take care of people, and since meeting Danny and Leanne Pye and the kiddos at the Haitian Children's Home, I have wanted to continue to serve them. I go there, is to be able to serve without distractions....at home there are so many other things pulling at me...the reality of life: laundry, meals, carpool, pianolessons, homework...etc.
There, for a week, I can pour into something outside of myself without feeling "guilty" that I'm NOT doing 'my job'.

The challenge for me now is, that how do I make sure that I don't just go to Haiti because "it's sexy" (thx Steve!), and how do I bring my desire to serve others back home with me. I mean, there's a million things I could do here locally...

My prayer, and hope (and you can pray for me too!) is that God will use me where I am, and that He will reveal to me what He wants for me in the future.

So, having said all that, here's some info you can be praying about:

Olivia and her team leave on April 4th - April 10th.
My team and I leave on May 8 - 15th.

My team has a blog: check it out for info on the trip, as well as updates.

Olivia and I both need prayer partners, two for each day we are gone. Please let me know if you'd like to commit to that for us! I'll send you a personal email with a more detailed itinerary when we get it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

wow! how exciting! how blessed those kids will be to have you with them for a week!

xoxo,
jen

Anonymous said...

hey, sign me up for both you and O, as many days as you need...I'm all up for praying!!!!
jules